Things I Worked On

Things I Worked On
My Content Stream

Pages

Tuesday 16 September 2014

INTERNET TV GAINS POPULARITY IN NIGERIA




I am in love with Gidi Up series, I just like the storyline, the cast. It feels fresh and new. I must say I watched season one within hours. My favourite actor? O.C Ukeje. In the series and beyond the web series. This is not the first series I have seen. I watched almost all the episodes of "Shuga" online. I got tired when they started filming in Nigeria. It just grew dry on me. I loved seeing Lupita and all the others but when the cast gradually changed so did my liking for the series. The fact that many Nigerians now watch certain content online shows the emergence of online television is gaining ground in the West African country. I have seen a couple of interviews on "The Juice" Many Nigerians are warming up to the fact that they can now watch programmes online. With internet enabled devices which has flooded the market, Nigerians can access online television anywhere. One such company enticing audience to its digital platform is Ndani TV. Launched in 2012, they currently have features that project Africa to the world. But with the current internet situation in the country, one would be forced to ask if Nigeria is ready for internet TV.  Pretty sure if you are reading this, then you might have caught the social media bug and probably have seen one or two online content as well? Well, what was your experience like? Was it hitch free? Hopefully in the near future, this will be a boom. I'm not the only one who thinks so. Ndani TV does too.








No comments: