Things I Worked On

Things I Worked On
My Content Stream

Pages

Thursday 3 July 2014

PINK LIPS - NEW BEAUTY TREND IN NIGERIA

I finally joined pinterest today after several weeks of wondering how many social sites I have to be involved in. I mean why join pinterest when I cannot even understand why there is an "i" missing before the "t" or what the "P" stands for. There is Facebook, Twitter, Google plus, Youtube, and many others. Well, I finally joined the social site and I must say I am finding pinterest quite interesting and wondering why I didn't join sooner. The first article I read is actually something I'm really looking forward to.
Is it not funny how we seem to just want to go with the new trend? Braids is back and suddenly everyone wants to make them forgetting that during the rainy season it is the best hairstyle to carry. A couple of my friends have caught the natural hair bug for various reasons. Some do not even completely understand but just want to go with the flow. Today, it is the Mohawk style (my current hairstyle of a different kind) cos that is what Rihanna is wearing and tomorrow, it is buying the latest land rover. The days of wanting to buy a Nissan Murano or a hummer jeep are gone. I'm not a car freak but would like to know what the latest car model people are looking to acquire is. Trends cut across. Many Nigerians love fashion, and I do say fashion trends..... hmmmm, there's always a new surprise. Many are ready to lighten their skin colour. Cosmetic shops are not complete without the sale of bleaching products. The current trend that is capturing the hearts of many is 'pink lips'. It is not really new but now you can get it done at a cheaper rate and it is not too difficult to spot where you can get it done especially if you use the Ikeja route in Lagos. For many young ladies in Nigeria, they are not scared to take some bold steps for beauty sake. And men as well have taken to this trend. The transition from dark lips to pink or red lips which involves a beautician using a tattoo machine and inserting it into a coloured chemical substance usually takes two hours for the process to be completed. Many say the process is painful. I doubt if it is risk free in terms of the downside.
I particularly like the natural pink lips. Not willing to take that risk and embrace the trend. Are you? We recently did a story on it. Please click on link below to watch the video.
Cheers!



No comments: