Things I Worked On

Things I Worked On
My Content Stream

Pages

Friday 18 October 2013

Waste To Power Project in Lagos State

I am so eager to share with you a story we did recently on the Lagos state government's project - turning waste into power. You all know the situation with power in Nigeria. I hear a community in Lekki have not had power in two years! Unbelievable. They need this project desperately.
We had to film at the Olusosun site where part of the wastes generated in Lagos is taken to. This was my second visit in three years. Do you remember years back when you drive past this site and you are greeted with a stinking smell? Well all this has changed. You have to be on the dump site to perceive it.
The biogas plant is still a pilot project though. Hopefully it transforms into something really useful for many residents in Lagos.
It was a fun two days shoot not minding I had to scrub thoroughly afterwards : )
Well let me stop talking. Click on the link below to watch the video.
xoxo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4AugIEfu_w

1 comment:

Angela Ukomadu said...

Killing two birds with a stone......debris free environment and source of power. Great.